My Gecko is Strange...

GrimmyX15

Mkay-um?
Remeber? like i said My leopard gecko been not eating. I tried to feed him cut up mealworms. he take 3 chops. But only poop like orange small like gel. His belly have been bit bloat. So im wondering what 's up with my gecko?
I do think there's something wrong with him. I mean he have been activting like he used to. But he refused to eat. And poops different. Do you think maybe something wrong with him? or it's just weather? weather is cold. you know october. changes in season. Any ideas? :(

Stomlin35

Gamer momma
If it's cold, he may not be able to digest his food. What are the temps sitting at in his cage?

GrimmyX15

Mkay-um?
sometimes when its cold leos don't want to eat bc they slow down.

How long has he not been eating?

He have not eaten like 1 week and half. His belly is still bloat. And his tail look pretty same size. I never see anything like that. I think i will try to buy 10-20 gallon heat mat.

I have 5 gallon heat pad. -__- Because prices are insane.

prettyprincess3690

Yeah, I bet once you increase the temps he'll start eating again. Leos need belly heat to digest properly, so if the temps are off, they won't eat a lot of times.

I wouldn't personally cut up and mealworms and force feed, you're probably just stressing him out more. Also, keep in mind that leos don't really enjoy dead things.

And when you say his belly is bloated, how exactly? A picture may help...

Anyways, for now just concentrate on getting your temps up and give him some time to adjust. Good luck:)

GrimmyX15

Mkay-um?
Yeah, I bet once you increase the temps he'll start eating again. Leos need belly heat to digest properly, so if the temps are off, they won't eat a lot of times.

I wouldn't personally cut up and mealworms and force feed, you're probably just stressing him out more. Also, keep in mind that leos don't really enjoy dead things.

And when you say his belly is bloated, how exactly? A picture may help...

Anyways, for now just concentrate on getting your temps up and give him some time to adjust. Good luck:)

Here you go. But I thought leos are supposed to have belly full if eaten food but i dont know why my leo's belly stay so big but he poops orange bit with water looking gels. Some struck to his vent. :(

gothra

Happy Gecko Family
He looks perfectly fine to me. Try not to chop up the worms to force feed him; as I have mentioned earlier in your other thread, force feeding him will stress him out and will make him less want to eat.

GrimmyX15

Mkay-um?
He looks perfectly fine to me. Try not to chop up the worms to force feed him; as I have mentioned earlier in your other thread, force feeding him will stress him out and will make him less want to eat.
okay, I will try to ask my aunt if i could buy the 10-20 gallon heat mat, because i only have 5 gallon heat pad. that explains. Sigh,
I just have a pet store coupon 2 dollar off lol :)

But what about his poop? He have orange bit with water loooking gels?

Do young leopards gecko awlays refuse food again and eat and not eat you know what i mean? So ever you have experiencea with your youngs leos?

GrimmyX15

Mkay-um?

here are my another pic of gecko's usual belly. cause he have not eaten anything nothing but it still bloat. Sorry i added another pics because my camera was lost but found so i have more easy to see.

Visit our friends