My herd of girls!

maverickgrl79

This is my first group shot 2 are sisters bet you can tell which ones haha they are fosters, one little girl under everyone is my wild child foster (if she was hatched in captivity it would be a surprise), and of course the young lady who started it all my girl Luna! the sisters live together in one tank and the other 2 are in another but we have been introducing them in this box for short times every few days. everyone seems to get along great and share hides during meet and greets. i hope to house them all together in the new HUGE enclosure. IMG_20130326_140944.jpg

Caleb C

It's great, lol. What is your plan for the huge enclosure? And your wild child is probably captive :p
Wild caught's are common for uncommon pets, but are rare for common pets. People pay hundreds for wild blood as they bring in new possibilities and variations into the hobby and are only available through expensive importers.

Star1

That's awesome! I eventually want my 6 females to live together but I'm waiting for my younger ones to grow a little more.

maverickgrl79

It's great, lol. What is your plan for the huge enclosure? And your wild child is probably captive :p
Wild caught's are common for uncommon pets, but are rare for common pets. People pay hundreds for wild blood as they bring in new possibilities and variations into the hobby and are only available through expensive importers.
I wonder is there a a dna test or anything to see if they are wild blood? I can not give out too much info but i do know that the wild child was taken with a bunch of others from a breeder back east that had all his animals taken. My Penny girl is the last of the Leo's taken from him as she is wild and aggressive and stresses herself into not eating when she is handled. lol but we love her lol

maverickgrl79

UPDATE: the female on the bottom left of the pic, the one that is on top of the wild child Penny, got adopted over the weekend @ the Denver Repticon! That just leaves the other yellow female and Norbert the little naughty boy, to get homes!

Caleb C

I don't think there would be dna tests, but there's a pretty big chance that she's not wild. The only wild ones that are imported go straight to breeders, their offspring are either sold for high prices or kept and bred again. Websites sell wild caught bloodline geckos for $100-$200+.
Different leo's will have different personalities, so every now and then there will be that one gecko that hates being handled or touched.

Visit our friends