My leo is eating but not pooping (Freddie).

hgfreddie

Hi!
We have recently got a leopard gecko, we have had him for about a month now. We aren’t too shore on the age as they didn’t know when we bought him but he is about 6inch.When we first got him he was regularly going but now has stopped.

He is still eating like normal there is no change in him at all. We have read that geckos can go up to 5-7days without going but it’s been past that now and we are starting to get concerned!

he is on reptile carpet, has mealworms in a bowl , small hoppers couple times a week and maybe one waxworm a week.

we have had our leo lick some olive oil off our finger tonight to see if this helps him go!

We would really appreciate any advice !
Many thanks!

Attachments

• BF02618B-F6B4-44C2-ACA7-4C2A87EB97BA.jpeg
    BF02618B-F6B4-44C2-ACA7-4C2A87EB97BA.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 6

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
There's a good chance he's going somewhere and you haven't found it yet. Scavenger hunt time! If you still don't find it, sometimes they just hold it . . .

Aliza

Margi San Diego

There's a good chance he's going somewhere and you haven't found it yet. Scavenger hunt time! If you still don't find it, sometimes they just hold it . . .

Aliza
One reason they can stop digesting is if it is too cold. They need heat to raise their metabolism enough to digest food . Make sure they have a place in their enclosure that stays between 85 and 90 degrees.

hgfreddie

His enclosure is 30-32 on the heated side and colder on his cold side, he usually just picks daily where he wants to go. He is eating as normal. However he his shedding again and he’s only just shed about 7 days ago.
so I’m unsure on this.

hgfreddie

Aliza
Hi, I have looked everywhere and there is 100% nothing not even in any hides, so I’m unsure of why he is acting like this... bit strange.

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
If you've given him a drop of mineral oil, give it a few days and see if anything comes out. You may eventually find a really huge one.

Aliza

Visit our friends