My leo is picky; refuses dusted foods

Dragonfly_Dust

When I got my second leopard gecko (Trempor Albino), I got him for the size. I was thinking a 100 grams would mean he's a good eater.

...I was wrong. He refused to eat for two months I had him before finally discovered his weakness: mealworm pupas. He would eat 10 of them if offered overnight which I'm glad. He'll also will eat roaches but only one or two on rare occasions.

However that leaves my other problem: he'll only eat if the food is undusted. I used Rapashy, Zoo Med, Repti Calcium, and Flukers. All of them he refused when on the pupas and roaches.

I had to give him his Calcium a different way. I've been instead mixing calicum powder and water then making him drink the mixture via eyedropper once a week.

Any thoughts?

EXOBanette

Leopard gecko don't need the powder all the time but it is important try hiding some in his food or put some on his lip and see if he lick it

Patrick

Also it is December sometimes my Leo's go off food at this time of the year, also he is 100 grams you shouldn't get worried until he starts to lose a lot of wight.

Visit our friends