My leo was lost and found then she passed.

AnoriaFae

I moved into a new apartment and I let my leo out of her enclosure and let her out of my sight for a second and normally she hides under the couch. I checked every hiding place possible and noticed a small hole on the wood floor. 2 weeks went by and I figured she went under the floor boards of the 1927yr old building and peacefully passed away. Yesterday, my neighbor found her on the second floor at the base of the stairs. It was a miracle I thought! She was in bad shape though... she was covered in soot and very dehydrated. As soon as I got her inside I bathed her and used gentle soap to bush off some of the soot. She was stained mostly. I felt like it was necessary to hydrate her with Flukers Repti-Boost supplement and gave her a full syringe. I let her settle in the enclosure. Today I tried to give her a little more see if her appetite improved. She didn't take it, and spit up mostly. I put her in her hide to leave her be today. About an hour ago I checked on her and she was peacefully lying on the rock. I tried to revive her and she was stiff and her legs twisted. I burst out crying because I believe I killed her with the supplement. It might have gone into her lungs, or it was too much she was not ready to digest. When I turned her over her stomach had black spots and red spots, where I believe her intestines bled. The bottoms of her feet were red too.

I feel negligent and responsible for her death. All I want to know is whether the toxic environment and lack of water, food, and care was the factor or too much of the supplement? View attachment 81375
View attachment 81377 View attachment 81376

Last edited:

Visit our friends