My Mack Snow Leopard Gecko will not eat

goonbreath

Hi all,

First time post, so hello and thanks for the forum!

About a week ago, I bought a 1 year old Gecko from someone that had 3 separate tanks and all looked very cared for. He is very happy to come out and walk all over me and the sofa but does not want to eat. I have tried gut loaded meal worms and gut loaded crickets.

He has done 2 poos in a week, but just will not eat.

Facts are as follows:

1. Kept in vivarium made of wood with sliding glass doors.
2. Heat mat inside, surface temp is 90 as shown by the dial temperature guage.
3. Has a hollowed out half pretend wood thing that he uses as a hide on the warm side.
4. Thing that is purpose made that I can open (goes in half) that is a moist hide filled with sphagnum that is on the cool side.
5. A small dish with calcium in.
6. A small dish with water (purpose made)
7. This grit stuff on the base.

I have taken pictures of stuff so you can see what I mean.

I really want him to eat, I don't want him to be unhappy. Please could someone suggest something?

scm133

GULFCOASTGECKOS
It can take some time for your leo to get use to his new home, and start eating again.
I would suggest getting rid of the grit, and replace with paper towels. They will sometimes eat the loose substrate (like sand or grit), and get impacted. Keep his hot side around 90, and cool side in the 70's. Just keep offering the food. Good luck with your new Gecko.:)

goonbreath

Can we move this thread please? I thought I posted in the right place. I had 2 windows open with both sections!

surrealasm

I've actually got almost identical concerns with my new AFT. My girlfriend wanted to get him because he was so chill when we played with him at the pet store.

He's got a ten gallon with a heat pad and hide on one side, another small hide in the middle, calcium dish, water dish, and a plastic tupperware half-filled with moist sphagnum moss on the cool side. Papertowels for substrate. Mist it every morning.

I'm kinda worried about him, and I don't want to tell my girlfriend about it because she loves her little Jabba so much... should I just leave the little guy alone and let him acclimate?

Visit our friends