My Most Anticipated Order Has Arrived!

EverEvolvingExotics

I have been working on this order with David Deem from Shenandoah Reptile since late April. It was a pleasure doing business with him throughout the entire process. David has helped me out immensely with any and every question I have had and more. The initial idea what I wanted to purchase changed a lot since the deposit was put down until the final payment was made. I could not be happier with what I decided on. This order is really going to step up my breeding projects for years to come.

Keep in mind all of these geckos were shipped from Virgina to Arizona. They are all a bit stressed and it will take them a couple weeks to get to their true colors. The shipping technique was one of the most professional I've ever seen. Two separate boxes were used, then using what seemed like an entire roll of packaging tape they were held together, inside numerous layers of newspaper to insulate, and the heat packs kept them at a perfect temperature.
IMG_6029.jpg

IMG_6031.jpg

IMG_6032.jpg

IMG_6033.jpg

IMG_6035.jpg

IMG_6038.jpg

Up first are my Zeros, all of which are from a wild caught line. I’m excited to see what this line will do in the future. In my opinion Zeros are the most under appreciated morph out there. Zeros are not completely understood at this point for their true potential. This morph has been changed from being considered a co-dominant trait to a recessive trait. Looking at the results and talking about it with the breeders working with them I personally feel that there is something more going on and I’m incredibly excited to see the results first hand. They seem to really enhance every other morph they are paired to.

Zero female, this has to be one of the best examples of a Zero I have ever seen! Perfect dorsal pattern, I'm in love.
IMG_6064.jpg

Zero sibling male
IMG_6053.jpg

Whiteout Zero male
IMG_6062.jpg

IMG_6059.jpg

Whiteout Zero female
IMG_6051.jpg

IMG_6048.jpg

Next is an adult female Striped Whiteout 100% het Patternless. She is really dark due to all of the stress of shipping, I've seen pictures of her before shipping and I can vouch that she is amazing quality adult female. Whiteouts and their combos are loved throughout the herp community for their striking color and pattern. I couldn’t resist adding this beautiful female to my collection.
IMG_6072.jpg

IMG_6071.jpg

Adult female 100% het Patternless, they were one of the first morphs to be imported into today’s array of traits. You can’t go wrong with a classic.
IMG_6086.jpg

IMG_6083.jpg

Adult Tangerine Normal female, I highly enjoy Normals and this girl should add some color to my projects.
IMG_6081.jpg

IMG_6078.jpg

Last but certainly not least is what David Deem is coining the Phantom project. This is a very exciting animal to be introduced to the current line of traits. This little male was produced from taking the original Phantom male and breeding it to a completely Normal female, two visual animals were produced from a clutch of 3. I’m very excited to have another dominant or possibly co-dominant gene in my collection. I couldn’t be more excited to see what happens when this animal starts producing Phantom combos in the future!
IMG_6042.jpg

IMG_6041.jpg

Here is a group shot of them all together.
IMG_6088.jpg

Thanks again, David, for this insane order of perfect creatures!
-Lee

Fatal_S

Mel's Exotics
Fantastic! I can't wait for more pictures as they settle in and grow big. Very exciting :D

Is the phantom related to the ghost morph, or are they completely separate?

EverEvolvingExotics

Thanks everyone for the nice comments!

Fantastic! I can't wait for more pictures as they settle in and grow big. Very exciting :D

Is the phantom related to the ghost morph, or are they completely separate?

The original Phantom male was acquired by Pat Kline. From my understanding he thought that this male looked quite different than other Amels so he paired them to multiple different het and visual female Amels, he did not produce a single visual Amel out of any of the pairings. Pat sold off most of his Fat Tail collection awhile back and David Deem bought the Phantom male along with some other animals. David then bred the Phantom to a Normal female, he has detailed lineage of this female, it is completely normal. Him and I were very happy to see these results and I knew that I wanted to get in on the project. It will take some more breeding trials to find out exactly what this trait does when combined with other morphs as well as bred together. It's a beautiful animal to have in my collection and I'm excited to see what he will do.

TruVueGeckos

Go "Fat" or go home....
Great group of Fat tails Lee. I also am curious what will come out of the Phantom project. Keep us updated. :main_thumbsup:

Visit our friends