My new Abronia Graminea

fuzzylogix

Carpe Diem
I am lucky enough to now own my first Abronia!

1z17o04.jpg

2pyrzb8.jpg

maih6s.jpg

Wild West Reptile

Leopards AFT Ball Pythons
That's a really nice looking Abronia. I went to the California Academy of Science to look at the reptile exhibit today and I think I saw one of these. The collection is the 3rd largest in the world on display here in San Francisco. Pretty cool stuff. I took pictures, but honestly they don't do the animals justice. Lots of people and reflections in the way. Too bad because they had some really cool stuff. I loved the albino alligator. They also had a giant anaconda that was very impressive. Congrats on your new addition Shawn!

T-ReXx

Uroplatus Fanatic
Very good looking Abronia Shawn. These guys are ridiculously cool.

That is the coolest thing I have ever seen! Out of curiosity, what do these guys go for?

Don't expect to pay less than $650-700 for an unsexed baby. These are fairly rare and very slow producers.

SFgeckos

Nice bright male! Abronia graminea are one of my favorite species and they make great display animals in naturalistic enclosures.

Jon

SFgeckos

"These are fairly rare and very slow producers."

Fairly uncommon, but definitely not slow producers in my experience. They can get to breeding size in 18-24 months under optimal conditions and have 7+ offspring! It's just harder to find females because everyone keeps them and available animals usually never go public.

Jon

fuzzylogix

Carpe Diem
this guy doesn't particularly like being held. my friend that i got him from said that when he bites you, he tries to make his teeth touch, lol.

Visit our friends