My new Fat tail

B

bassmaster502

Hello all i' m new to the forums here. I used to breed Leo's back in the 90's and recently purchased this nice little CB subadult for $15 at a local reptile show. I've had it since Sunday and (s)he started eating the very next day! I have a couple of low quality pics attached. My guess on age is around 8 months? I'm not 100% sure but this little gecko looks like a male to me. Tell me whatca think. Thank -Kenny

Stitch

Here is my male that is only 5 months old. You can easily see the bump for his hemi-penis just from this side view.

Simba.JPG

I can't tell from your pics if it's male or female the flash has washed out the photo. A tip to get better pics is to take the pic from a distance but zoom in for a close up. This will help to keep the flash from washing out the photo.

Jeanne

Abbie's Human
He or She is a little cutie!

I can't tell by the pictures what the sex is. The best way to sex a Fat Tail is by the pores, the pores on a male are deeper and more pronounced than on a female. Both sexes will have the bulges so you can't really go by that.

Stitch

The male was sexed by Dan so I trust his judgement. The female at 4 months is showing no bumps and only dimples (no true pores).

Visit our friends