My new little buddy!

4mb3r

Wicked Gecko Queen
Here is my new little kitty. He will be 3 months old nov 17th. Still thinking of a good name for him, so any suggestions would be appreciated!! He is suppose to be full blooded siamese, but he has long hair so im very doubtful lol. I dont care though, hes a sweetie. Very skiddish(I honestly think he was abused. His wiskets where cut VERY short and the way he acts is a bit odd)

scm133

GULFCOASTGECKOS
I had one many years that looked like him. He may have some Himalayan in him, due to the long hair. Very pretty!!

animeavatar

I <3 Mu Mu!!
Adopted? What a cutie! My cat used to ignore me but then I kept bugging him when I was little and now he loves me! Right now he is laying down next to me!:)
<3

4mb3r

Wicked Gecko Queen
Well I got him from a lady from craigslist lol.. He loves to hide in the cabinet in my upstairs bathroom. My kids try to pester him so I dont blame him from hiding lol. But he still acts a bit scared of me as well after they go to bed and its just me and him in my room. Every once in awhile he will come lay down with me and attack my feet here in there but its kinda like he has mood swings. One day hes playful, the next day hes scared to death again. Ive only had him about a week though so maybe the shyness will go away in time? I sure hope so at least haha

4mb3r

Wicked Gecko Queen
No I think its mean to cut there whiskers honestly. Im not sure why they did it :/

5HiddenLizards

Tight Budget Herping
Oh ok. Poor cat! I love when they have long whiskers, they're pretty.

Thinking about it,do you think he could be a Ragdoll cat? They kinda look like long-haired Siamese

~via Tapatalk~

4mb3r

Wicked Gecko Queen
Both parents looked like siamese(dad was a def siamese but mom seems 2 have longish hair as well) so I have no idea lol. His wiskers are getting longer now though, he has finally goten brave enough to come out of the upstairs bathroom and peep around the bottom of the steps to see what we are doing lol. Hes a cutie

Desdemona

yea... cutting their wiskers could harm the cat since that is how they tell rather or not they can fit in and out of an object.

My ex had a very shy cat, an adoptee, I also suspected she was abused. Shy towards humans though the dominate one out of the two cats (adopted together). She did slowly warm up to us, but she was not a fan of strangers at all. She was never comfortable with being picked up and would seriously freak if put into a cat carrier. We let her come to us in her own terms and that seemed to work well for her.

LZRDGRL

This is a beautiful cat!! :main_thumbsup: I used to have a Siamese, too. He got quite old (when I adopted him, he was 9 years old already, and that was when I was still a student). Now, I have two shelter adoptees and one kitten that was "snake food." The female has an attitude, but the two boys love each other and play with each other all the time. And the kitten climbs my Christmas tree... all year round!! :main_laugh:

Chrissy

alliegex

I know you've had your new kitten for over a month now, but I just wanted to chime in and say that he's just gorgeous. He does have the Siamese look to him, but the longer fur is a bit of an anomaly. It could be that there was some Balinese (long-haired Siamese) in his background, but it's more likely that he's just not full-blooded Siamese. Though, it shouldn't matter because he looks the part and is a stunning specimen - despite whatever genetics he has.

I wonder, has the little one been named yet? I'm sure he has - I'm just curious as to what you've decided to call him.

Thank goodness you adopted him. From what you describe, he sounds as though he is in a much better place (with you) now. We see kittens with their whiskers cut quite frequently at work and we've been told it is sometimes done as a form of abuse in kittens that are kept in small enclosures with numerous other cats. It throws off their sense of self and in some cases causes aggression and other behavioral issues. It can also have the opposite affect and cause the kittens to become withdrawn so that they do not fight with one another. Regardless, it's sad and I'm happy to hear your baby's whiskers are growing back. His skittish behavior is also indicative of neglect or abuse. But, I'm sure with time and patience he will come around and become an amazing companion for both you and your children.

I'd love to see updated pics of the little tyke. How is he doing now, a month later? He's a definite cutie. And, while I'm a bit late saying this, congrats on the new kitten!

Visit our friends