My new Pair of U phantasticus

uroplatus99

Thanks... some more photos :)

up_009.sized.jpg

up_010.sized.jpg

up_008.sized.jpg

WulfSC

Ah, okay. My niece graduated from High Point University. My mom's originally from Grandfather Mountain. I was born in Tabor City, NC (hahah...most people have never heard of it), and raised in Charleston, SC. I love NC, and the mountains, so I moved up to Tryon in 2006. I moved back into Landrum back in Nov. I miss being an NC resident, but I'm only 4 miles from the border...hah!

Did you go to the Repticon in Concord a few weeks ago?

Anyway, awesome pics and amazing geckos.

uroplatus99

Ah, okay. My niece graduated from High Point University. My mom's originally from Grandfather Mountain. I was born in Tabor City, NC (hahah...most people have never heard of it), and raised in Charleston, SC. I love NC, and the mountains, so I moved up to Tryon in 2006. I moved back into Landrum back in Nov. I miss being an NC resident, but I'm only 4 miles from the border...hah!

Did you go to the Repticon in Concord a few weeks ago?

Anyway, awesome pics and amazing geckos.

Very cool... I worked at the Foodlion across from HPU through High School... I know all the areas you speak of :)...

I didn't get to go to Repticon, picked up these phantasticus in Raliegh instead...

Northstar Herp

Rhacs and Uros, oh boy!!!
Very cool... I worked at the Foodlion across from HPU through High School... I know all the areas you speak of :)...

I didn't get to go to Repticon, picked up these phantasticus in Raliegh instead...

I grew up in Farmer, guys... bet you don't know where that is?

Google it, it's not too far from High Point and the suchlike.

uroplatus99

Farmer isn't too far from one of my favorite 4 Wheeling spots Uwharried National Forrest...:) Denton, Troy, I know where you come from! :)

TheGeckoPad

Great looking pair and great photos! I just picked up a pair of CB U. ebenaui last weekend. I hope to work with U. phantasticus in the near future.

tlbowling

Geck~OCD
I'm just in love with your photography! Your model is very beautiful too;) Thanks for the eye candy:p

uroplatus99

Thanks Tara!! I love photography... and well Geckos got me into photography! :) its like a Natrual Unity between geckos and me :) hehe... Thanks for the kind words!!

CPS

Wow, these are amazing photos! And such beautiful geckos!

I kind of want a U. phantasticus for myself someday, but I am a little wary since a lot of them are wild-caught and now they are on the CITES II list.

But hopefully people like you can start breeding them in captivity, so there will be less demand for WC geckos, and the wild ones can live happily in Madagascar, and also domestically-bred ones can live happily here with us! If you do start breeding them I would love to hear from you!

Do you have any gecko photography tips to share? I have a little digitial video/still cam and still have trouble getting it to focus...you should enter those in some kind of contest; they are really seriously beautiful and show off the geckos' personalities.

uroplatus99

Thanks for the kind comments on the photography...

One of the easiest things that you can do to help is add more light! Light makes things easier specially when focusing and such. No matter what camera you have, the more light the better. Digital SLRs allow you to control light a bit more with the lens and shutter speed, but most point and shoots are hard to adjust that or you just can't... so adding a bit more light helps with picture exposure.

Hope that can get you started in the right direction. Just do some Macro/Micro/Photography Lighting info on Google.

Visit our friends