My newest gecko

kouneli

So, got this lil one yesterday. I just couldn't resist. Hoping it's female, but I wouldn't be too unhappy if it were a male. Supposedly an albino patternless (though others have said Murphy patternless....what's the visual difference?). Either way, he/she (guessing she) is pretty.
unnamed_baby_leopard_gecko_by_fuzzybuttbunny-d54zdgi.jpg

And who could resist that face?
unnamed_baby_leopard_gecko_3_by_fuzzybuttbunny-d5500ok.jpg

Josh2

Administrator
Staff member
3 Year Member
Not sure what the difference is but what an adorable little gecko you ended up with! Congrats on the new addition!

LeoLover1

3 Year Member
cutie! If she is albino, she'll probably stay lighter in color as her markings disappear. Adult patternless can be a range of shades from dark grey to yellow. Are the eyes red? Its kinda hard to tell in the photo, but If so, definately albino!

kouneli

Didn't think albinos had to have red eyes....not in the leopard gecko world anyways. Thought only RAPTORs and Blazing Blizzards had red eyes...? *shrugs* Anyways, the eyes do look similar to my Tremper Albino adult female, but not quite. Others are saying that the lil one is a Rainwater Murphy Patternless, but I might just bring her to a reptile show to get someone to look at the eyes. I wasn't able to get the greatest pictures of her eyes lol.
Either way, I agree that she's cute :D Lil fiesty one, though. First day, she was fine. But now whenever I go to pick her up she screams and opens her mouth wide. It's so funny when they're that young. I just hold her and let her bite me until she figures out that she's not going anywhere acting that way. Once she calms down, I put her back in the cage and place a waxworm in her dish. It's been working, since it takes shorter time for her to calm down.

LeoLover1

3 Year Member
I'm so glad she is warming up to ya! I just love their little attitudes!

On the eyes.... if the eyes are red, then its an albino. But not all albinos have red eyes. Confusing. But your baby seems to have solid black (or red?) eyes. So that could be lots of things. Super snows have solid eyes. And you'll see solid eyes or half solid eyes, called snake-eyes, randomly in blizzards. But there is also a recessive gene for that, called the 'eclipse'.

Check out this link http://www.leopardgeckowiki.com/index.php?title=Eclipse

kouneli

Actually, it was rather dark in my room when the picture was taken, so the pupil almost covered the entire eye in that picture...here's a more accurate pic of the eye...
unnamed_baby_leopard_gecko_5_by_fuzzybuttbunny-d556rgf.jpg

jess

ur new baby is absolutely beautiful! such a pretty lil thing! :) i wish i cud get nice & clear, up close & personal photos of my lil nemo's face like that!!!

Visit our friends