My Ratties - The three stooges

Eureka

The stooges consist of three lazy male rats...

Zee is the boss in the cage, he is 2 years old and a Dumbo mismarked Siamese; he is more serious and shy but has his goofy moments.

8ec28e4a.jpg

Bear is next in command and Zee's best pal. He is a 1 year old mismarked black and white hooded.
Bear is the affectionate one and loves to groom my hand.

DSCF0016.jpg

Kip, is the lowest ranking rat in the cage yet the fattest. :p
He is a sweetheart of a rat and very bonded with his brother, Bear. Kip is also a year old.

DSCF0009-2.jpg

Group pictures-

9b6565e0.jpg

b08bac57.jpg

Cage setup- Martins R-695 "Rat Skyscraper"

bce70160.jpg

And just because it's adorable...
Here is a quick video of the rattums having a delicious salad with baby oatmeal.
Zee desperately tries to hoard it all.

Dog Shrink

Lost in the Lizard World
I have had rats several times in my life as well. I use to have a HUGE plain white (about the size of a chihuahua...no kidding) and he use to ride on the handle bars of my 10 speed bike. I would push the gears all the way down so he had like a little rat seat and he'd hold onto the handle bars and we'd ride on the boardwalk (grew up in south jersey). I actually had some people take pictures of it because they had never seen such a thing. I gave him a lot better life than the dude who purchased him to feed his retic for sure :main_yes:

Last edited:

MiamiLeos

I love big rats!!!! lol I had a big (not as big as a chihuahua lol) rex agouti hooded male. He would lay on his back in my arms and I would rub his tummy till he fell asleep like a baby. This is seriously making me want some more ratlets lolol :)

Eureka

Thank you! Rats are such intelligent and rewarding pets, many people have no idea.

Good to see some rattie fans here! :D

LaurenE

Your rats are adorable and I love your setup. I have the same cage and LOVE it, I'm thinking about getting an R-685 topper and making it into a RUUD.

Visit our friends