My Valentines Gift!

LauraMI

Husband came home tonight and gave me the greatest gift! Not candy or flowers or a card...but he told me that he's having a cage custom-made for me/my Gargoyle gecko! Hopefully in 2 weeks, I'll have a 24"Tx18"Wx18"D vivarium to put together. A bit bigger than what I had wanted, but my ficus bonsai can stretch out and another orchid on my plant rack can be put to better use. I just need to find some branches and possibly get more Sansevieria prepped...!
Beyond excited, I just hope that Gibson appreciates it as much as I will!

Josh2

Administrator
Staff member
3 Year Member
Wow, that is a pretty cool gift! Have you gotten the new enclosure yet? If so, can we see it too?? :) :)

LauraMI

No...I haven't gotten it yet, but thanks for revisiting and asking. It was supposed to arrive last Tuesday but the manufacturer didn't receive the frame so I'm still waiting. I don't know about posting pictures anymore though; I saw an amazing Crested vivarium elsewhere with 5 orchid species, numerous air plants, leaf litter, custom-made built-out moss and bark wall, and so on, and where I was so proud of myself before, I am now duly humbled. Funds are limited, lights being more important than constructing something to that guy's level. ;) I was happy with a Sansevieria and an old Phaleanopsis orchid I have sitting around, in addition to the Ficus that is currently in his cage...but now they're so inadequate compared to what that Crested got. The plus side is Gibson has only ever known plastic deli cups and his tiny little cage, so when the new one comes in, he'll be thrilled! I'm thinking he's getting fat he's so confined now.

Visit our friends