My very first AFT.

BiKA

Just got this lovely het amel lady last weekend.Now i m starting to like her alot,shes now 60 grams and shes so calm and layback.I like the way she change her colour.Inside the moist box,she looks dull but whenever i put her out,she turns slightly into tangerine hue,cool.Her hunting strike accuracy is far better than all my leos.Aft price over here in my country dun come cheap as you can get in states and moprh wise,there aren't many available yet.i will get another amel or het amel male for my 1.1 breeding group.I was told that aft is harder to breed,anyway i like to take the challenge.
Here are a few pics of her,thanks for viewing.
5180ed2f.jpg

7f52c906.jpg

ff9342d1.jpg

T-ReXx

Uroplatus Fanatic
Nice looking girl! I think you'll find AFTs aren't all that much harder to breed, different in some ways yes from leos, and incubation is trickier but overall I'd say they're a fairly solid species to work with.

Dog Shrink

Lost in the Lizard World
They look so similar design wise, what are some of the differences aside of humidity levels? Are they temperamentally (is that even a word?) similar? Very pretty girl. I had such a hard time deciding between AFT and leo.

BiKA

Thanks guys,no doubt that there are addictive.IMHO,even normal looks great.
@Azazel,nice specimens for sure and WHERE is my jantan aft?!!

GeckoGurl

I am have a Leo and an AFT and I love them both.. My Leo is definitely more active than the AFT. My Leo is about 1yr old and my AFT is 2 1/2yr old but I just got her a couple weeks ago and we are pals. She mellow and will ride around on my shoulder! I love it! Hope you enjoy yours as much as I do!

T-ReXx

Uroplatus Fanatic
They look so similar design wise, what are some of the differences aside of humidity levels? Are they temperamentally (is that even a word?) similar? Very pretty girl. I had such a hard time deciding between AFT and leo.

Fatties are less tempermental than leos, most are extremely laid back. Humidity and feeding are the basic differences, afts can be pickier than leos, many refuse worms. Afts are less likely to eat calcium from a dish and are not known to be the substrate eaters leos are. Breeding wise, Fat tails start in Nov/Dec as opposed to the Jan/Feb of leos. Fattails also lay fewer eggs. Incubation is different as well, fattie eggs can't take as low temps as leo eggs, normally 83 is the lowest I would go with them. Other than that, and the morph/species difference of course, they are virtually identical.

K

kencarlkey

Just got this lovely het amel lady last weekend.Now i m starting to like her alot,shes now 60 grams and shes so calm and layback.I like the way she change her colour.Inside the moist box,she looks dull but whenever i put her out,she turns slightly into tangerine hue,cool.Her hunting strike accuracy is far better than all my leos.Aft price over here in my country dun come cheap as you can get in states and moprh wise,there aren't many available yet.i will get another amel or het amel male for my 1.1 breeding group.I was told that aft is harder to breed,anyway i like to take the challenge.
Here are a few pics of her,thanks for viewing.
5180ed2f.jpg

7f52c906.jpg

ff9342d1.jpg

nice AFT sir.....

Visit our friends