Naming help and a few questions!

CaitlinBrooke

I just got this beauty a few days ago, she was a steal at $40, which included a kritter keeper and plenty of food for a few months.
I'm thinking about naming her Sidney, Sid for short. That way, if she turns out to be a he, I won't have to rename. I'd really like other suggestions though!

Also, I'm interested in either getting another crested once I know if I have a male or female or a gargoyle gecko. If anyone knows about gargoyle geckos, do they need much different care or is it similar to caring for a crested? If I do have a female and I decide to get another crested, would it be safe to introduce them and have them safely live together or would it be best to have two separate enclosures? I definitely don't want to risk either of them losing their tails so I assume I should house them separately?

This is my crested, I was told she's about 6 months:
4f4b3867.jpg

14727c6c.jpg

8e346d12.jpg

5dd864f9-1.jpg

M_surinamensis

Shillelagh Law
It's underweight, likely has a host of nutritional deficiencies. You're keeping it in an inappropriate enclosure and proposing to exclusively feed something that you were given "a few months" supply of, which hopefully at least means CGD but could be a number of suboptimal canned or powdered products.

That gecko is as good as dead if you continue to neglect it.

CaitlinBrooke

It's underweight, likely has a host of nutritional deficiencies. You're keeping it in an inappropriate enclosure and proposing to exclusively feed something that you were given "a few months" supply of, which hopefully at least means CGD but could be a number of suboptimal canned or powdered products.

That gecko is as good as dead if you continue to neglect it.

Neglect it? It's young and I just adopted it 4 days ago. Yes, cgd, I have a fresh new bag I purchased as well. The kritter keeper is a large one, plenty big for her size. I just bought a 40 gallon tank for my turtle so within a few days, the gecko will have a 10 gallon. Explain how I'm neglecting her please?

Visit our friends