Naturalist Vivaria breeding

Basshead

I'm interested in getting a breeding colony of leo's together but also really want to do a Vivarium. I can't stand the rack systems, part of the enjoyment of keeping herps for me has always been recreating an environment for them that not only suits their every need but also is visually appealing. So I am hoping some fellow keepers and breeders on here have any insight or experience in breeding leopards that live in a truly natural viv.
Thanks guys
Hope to hear from y'all

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
I actually house my hatchlings in glass vivaria (until I run out of room and go to the rack for overflow). I have 20 gallon long front-opening enclosures that I divide into 3 sections. Each section can house a pair of leo hatchlings. When they get bigger, I take the dividers out so they have more room to roam. At the moment, I can house up to about 30 hatchlings (and up to 30 more in the rack).

There are a lot of people keeping their leopard geckos in nice vivaria. Check out the long thread on this forum about leos in bioactive set-ups.

Aliza

Basshead

J&M UNE, i wasn't planning on housing the offspring in setups like that. That would be solely for the male and 2 to 3 females. its gonna be in a 55gal long glass aquarium so ill have plenty of room for multiple hides and gradation of temp/humidity. also i feel a cage that large will help alleviating stress from turf wars between the females. Ill have to check out that bio-active thread. Thank you

indyana

I definitely plan to do this when I get into breeding, although probably a smaller scale for only a male-female pairing. If you complete the project, I'd love to see pictures.

Visit our friends