Need advice...

theWayden

I am 18 and i am attempting to convince my stepdad to let me set up a breeding rack for my leos. I have not talked to him about it yet and he thinks i have 2 leos. i really have 5 and eggs =D. Has anyone else been in this situation before? Does anyone have advice they could give me to talk to him about it?

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
It's hard to say without knowing your stepdad. As a parent myself, with friends who are parents and parent in different ways I can say that some parents go ballistic when they find out that their kids have deceived them and nothing is going to change their minds. Other parents want to see some evidence that their kids have thought out their projects, considered the costs, figured out possible outcomes and problems and come up with solutions. Once they see this, they are more likely to agree. The first thing you're going to need to do at this point is to come clean about your geckos, especially since eventually you will have more eggs and more than 5 leos. Be prepared to take what you have to take for misleading him (I don't know if you actually lied or just didn't mention your other geckos or if that makes any difference to him) and then show him how well you've thought out the rest of everything (hopefully you have) and hope that he's willing to work it out with you.

|Good luck,

ALiza

VTHokie

That's good advice. I hid animals from my parents for a while when I lived at home too. Best to be avoided, it easily gets out of hand.

Visit our friends