Need help about female Gekko Grossmanni!

amyycp

Hey, i have 1 male Marbled gecko (gekko grossmanni) housed with 2 females, they have been together around 4months or more and have been getting along great!
Although i noticed that one of the females has lost alot of weight! So i checked around the enclosure because maybe she laid eggs and i saw a patch where she had laid but it had been eaten, i assume it was her that laid because she spent alot of time at the place it was laid (under a log)
So my question is, Will she put on weight and is it just the laying that has made her loose weight?
Should i separate her from the other 2 and check if shes eating? They are super duper fast geckos and i don't want to stress her out by moving if its unnecessary but i think i may have to!

Any tips or information i will be grateful for, I'm panicking!!

Embrace Calamity

I personally would, but I am not familiar with these geckos. If you separate them, you can keep an eye on her food intake and defecation. That's one of the problems housing geckos together - you can't monitor any of that, and feeding could be interrupted by another gecko. At the very least, she'll have time to recover from laying the eggs without having the male possibly harass her to breed again. It doesn't have to be permanent if you're really interested in breeding them. But like I said, I'm not at all familiar with this species, so don't take my word as gospel. I'm just saying what I personally would do. I hope someone on here has experience with them to give you better advice.

~Maggot

amyycp

Thanks for your advice, yeah they aren't really kept often in the pet trade, i re homed the male from a zoo and got the females to keep him company. I think i will have to take her out till she puts more weight on, they are fast as so going to have to be careful the others dont run out! But yes i shall separate her and see how she goes! Thanks again.

Visit our friends