need help please! :)

Jordycakes

Jordy&Kirsty
So i looking into getting a crestie iv read up alot so i know all there care but i get damp in my room but i fixed it with a dehumidifier (a non electrical one) the gecko would be about a 2-3 meters away from it, but it has a 10Meter radius but what if i put a towle on top of half the tank (damp towel)
Would this be okay?

Thanks Jordan! :)

Kylerbassman

That would kind of differ depending on tank your using. It may be worth looking into a misting system or fogger for added humidity in tank. I have no idea how well your dehumidifier works. Do you know where your humidity levels are at? You will need to know.

Jordycakes

Jordy&Kirsty
i dont know as i dont have a hydrometer ild be using an exoterra and as its starting to rain less in england i wont need the dehumidifier in my room at all times
so if i had it in a exoterra put a towel over most of the top that would keep the humidity in the tank once iv sprayed it?

Kylerbassman

It does, for the most part. I mist twice a day and I keep a damp rag on the back half of the screen. The only problem is that it rusts the screen. I am actually still in the process of getting my setup a little better. Was looking into mister and foggers but my house gets dry

Kylerbassman

Get the hydrometer and just try to see what works. It took me some time to figure out when to spray and how often.

Visit our friends