Need some advice.

maverickgrl79

I have a foster girl who came to me with a blind eye, calcium or fat deposits in her arm pits and her entire body felt mushy like she had a sac of water covering her. i noticed a dark spot near her cloaca so i gave her a little mineral oil and soaked her and boom she pooped the largest pile of blue sand i have ever seen! since then she is eating well pooping great the deposits in her pits are mostly gone and the retained water is all gone except on her tail. it giggles when she walks. now part of her tail in the fattest spot is deflated no blood but almost looks like it is sloughing off... anyone ever heard of this before? there is no injury she is alone still eating and all. took her to the vet and they have no idea what it is. not real found of the vet but as a foster mom it is not my call. any help would be great i do know that she was signed over to us because her owner is going to collage and that she was purchased from a pet shop as a tiny weenie in 2006 IMG_4368.JPG IMG_4375.JPG IMG_4372.JPG

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
It looks as if she had some shed on her tail that got pulled off too early, or that was retained and then removed. It looks like a small wound that should heal with time.

Aliza

Amanda1

3 Year Member
Anyone else think it's ironic that she was surrendered because her owner was going to college, and not because she was seriously ill and impacted? Did they think she was perfectly healthy or what? Good for you for getting her fixed up though!

Josh2

Administrator
Staff member
3 Year Member
:( Poor thing. How is she doing now? Have you tried putting neosporin on it? Nice job taking her in and giving her another chance!

maverickgrl79

UPDATE; thanks for all the advice she is doing very well. after many cleaning and neosporin treatments her tail looks great she is pooping normally now, and despite being blind in one eye she is the best cricket hunter around! she will need eye drops everyday for the rest of her life to keep the eye moist and pain free so i have decided to officially adopt her. I named her Nuna lol

Visit our friends