need some info on african fat tailed

soccer416

hi everyone,
im new to this site and i have a few question about the african fat tailed gecko. anyways , i was an owner of 2 lepeard geckos and they died a couple of years ago. I now want a new type of gecko and wanna switch things up and i came across fat tails but was wondering if there good pets to have . are they booring as in sleeping all day? can you take them out of the tank and just make them chill on your hand? and can you have 2 of them in a 20 gallon tank?

tlbowling

Geck~OCD
They are wonderful! Very laid back, most seem naturally tame. Care is very similar to leos only they need higher humidity. But if your looking for something more active than leos...fat tails arent for you. I dont think they are boring, but I can see how some people would.

soccer416

They are wonderful! Very laid back, most seem naturally tame. Care is very similar to leos only they need higher humidity. But if your looking for something more active than leos...fat tails arent for you. I dont think they are boring, but I can see how some people would.

so what gecko would you recomend that are somewhat like Leos?

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
If you're looking for a reptile that doesn't "sleep all day", then you want a diurnal one. If you're looking for a reptile that is interesting to observe, whether it's the day or night but can be handled then I guess you want a reasonable sized gecko that's active and curious. I find that the larger reptiles are most responsive, so if you have the room to keep one, you may want to think about a bearded dragon or a blue tongue skink, both of which are large (40 gallon tank minimum, 18-24 inches long), diurnal, responsive, curious and can be handled. There are other, smaller reptiles that can be handled and are interesting, but it does depend on the individual reptile as to whether it wants to be handled often by you. Check out the Rhacs like crested geckos, leachies and gargoyles, for example.

ALiza

Visit our friends