Need to fill my new 20g long

Cayla & Adam

So we now have 4 leos (Aurora, Pepper, Neely, and Cali). They each have more than enough living space Neely and Cali share but they are both still juveniles. I went out and got a 20g long tank a few days ago and figured i would decide later what to fill it with. Then the other day my gf reminds me that there is a reptile expo coming up this sunday in our home state of MA.
Right now i am like 50/50 on just getting a new Leo, but part of me wants to branch out a little bit and get something new. Anyone have any input on what i should do? or if not another leo what other kind of reptile or amphibian would be comfortable in a 20g long tank?

thanks in advance for any input everyone!

B

BioWorkZ

You should get a reptile that you really like. There are tons of options out there, maybe you need to do a little research. Of course pythons are out of the questions or monitor lizards for a 20g tank. Try going on to youtube and checking out snakebyte tv or do a search on reptile expos. There are lots of videos highlighting different reptiles that might spark your interest.

LizMarie

An African Fat Tailed Gecko would fit into at 20 gallon long. They're very similar to Leos but need more humidity and their body type is just a tad bit different.

You can even place the tank up tall, make a custom door or screen and get a crested.

Besides that I don't know what else can fit in a 20 gallon long.

I'm not sure but corn snakes and Cali Kings MIGHT be able to fit in a 20gallon

gitrdone0420

Gotta catch 'em all!
I do like the African Fat tails, however I dont have one myself. I stick to the leos when I get new reptiles because honestly, nothing strikes my interest more... but that is totally up to your preference.

Cayla & Adam

That's awsome aliza I am def going, unfortunately my gf has work so I will be flying solo but I am definately looking to buy something leo, fat tail, or who knows maybe something all together different. But anyway are you coming with all Leos and Fat tails? Or do you bring all sorts of reptiles?

And for the person who asked when it is, it is this upcoming sunday I'm on my phone right now and am not sure of the location but when I get home I'll make sure I post it here.

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
I will have mostly leos and 4 fat tails. My SW banded geckos are either promised to someone or still in the egg. This show will have mostly snakes. Someone often comes who sells crested geckos and there may be some turtles. The show is at the NE Wildlife Center, 500 Columbian Rd. S. Weymouth, MA, about 5 minutes or so off rt. 3 south. I'll be wearing my Gecko Forums T shirt.

Aliza

LeoFan

Pictus or Panter geckos are pretty cute, and a 20 long is plenty enough space if you want to look into that. They can be held but stay very small (Like a small adult leo) but I have heard not all like to be held.
You can also get anoles but of course they don't like to be held, but Knight Anoles are pretty cool, I know they get larger but I think (Again think) once could be in a 20 gallon.
You may want to see if they have Axtol Salamanders there (The last 2 reptile shows I have gone to have had them) they are awesome looking and reqiure a simple set up but I heard they can smell like a turtle.
You could also do a pretty awesome dart/mantella frog set up with a 20 gallon, build a simple draining system and you can fit quite a few in a 20 gallon. If they are too expensive, red eye tree frogs and white dumpy tree frogs make good pets.
And of course there is the trantula option lol.
I heard cornsnakes can be kept in a 20 gallon, but not king/milk snakes. I have seen adult corns though and I don't feel thats enough space for them. \
Thats just my suggestions on what I have seen at shows. :)

Sandyballs

You should get a reptile that you really like. There are tons of options out there, maybe you need to do a little research. Of course pythons are out of the questions or monitor lizards for a 20g tank. Try going on to youtube and checking out snakebyte tv or do a search on reptile expos. There are lots of videos highlighting different reptiles that might spark your interest.

Why is it out of the question?
too small?

just wondering

Cayla & Adam

thanks to everyone for the suggestions i cant wait to go to the show this weekend and see what i come home with.

Aliza i will definitely be there to check out your stock of fat tails and Leos!

I'll be back with pics Sunday night when i get home. I'll still be around the forums till then so if anyone has more suggestions or comments my ears(or eyes in this case) are always open.

Visit our friends