nephrurus amyae Breeding questions

Ozz465

Amyae Nut
Recently i purchased a breeding age pair of these wonderful geckos and i was wondering for those who work with them , what do u do to breed them?

I have done some research and as i understand it you brumate them for a period of 3 months at 60 or so F? what type of container do u place them in??? how do u water them during these 3 months? any detailed articles of this species u have links too? anyone used a cooler thermostatically controlled for brumation??? any and all help would be very appreciated.

lampshade

brumation is required

Recently i purchased a breeding age pair of these wonderful geckos and i was wondering for those who work with them , what do u do to breed them?

I have done some research and as i understand it you brumate them for a period of 3 months at 60 or so F? what type of container do u place them in??? how do u water them during these 3 months? any detailed articles of this species u have links too? anyone used a cooler thermostatically controlled for brumation??? any and all help would be very appreciated.

stevesharpie

The "burmation" should last 6-8 weeks and the temps during that time should range between 60-65 degrees. Watering is as simple as misting them, I mist my amyae twice a week during the cooling period. I just leave my geckos in the racks and simply turn down the temp gradually until it is off completely. My night time temps in my house dont usually drop into the 60s so I just crack a window in the reptile room and this will help to get the temp down to the desired range. The light cycle is also important, make sure and cut the photo period from 12 to 10 hours of day light. If you have any more questions feel free to email or PM me I would be happy to help.

Steve

Visit our friends