New baby leopards

moviemanmania

My two leopard gecko eggs hatched today. The babies come from a Murphy patternless female and a hypo carrot tail. What does that make them? The hatchlings have not shown interest in food yet. Does it take them a few days to become hungry as it does with chameleons? I am keeping them 87 on the hot side and 75 on the cool side.

Fencer04

Long Island Geckos
I would increase the temps on the warm side to at least 92, but yes it does take them a week or two to be interested in food. Try feeding them after their first shed.

4mb3r

Wicked Gecko Queen
also I find that they dont got for mealworms that good when they first hatch. if your trying mealworms, id get a few small crickets to get them jump started in feedings

Fencer04

Long Island Geckos
How many mealworms

How many mealworms do you feed your babies. I tend to feed some smaller worms and usually feed between 3 and 5 worms. I'm just curious what other people are doing.

justindh1

Those geckos look like they will at least be hypos that are het murphys patternless. I do agree that the heat needs to be increase and I like 95+. There are many different opinions on the temps but I am sure anything between 92+ degrees would suffice. I have no problem feeding mealworms to week old hatchlings. I never try feeding before the first shed. Sometime hatchlings will go longer than that before eating.

Visit our friends