New Crested Gecko

Crestedgecko's4lyf

Hey so i went on craigslist and it looks like I am getting a new crested gecko. I am still planning on going to the reptile expo and I am probably looking for a male (I think the one I am getting is a female) .However she is a adult so if they sell any adults I am going to get a male . In conclusion if I do not get the gecko it is okay because it will give me more time to buy the supplies ,if not I would just love the one I hope to be getting. Anyways thats really it just wanted to share some info so yup comment if you would like to share anything .
Caitlin

Amanda1

3 Year Member
Be careful, I've heard that people sell sick animals on craigslist, so you may want to get your new little one to the vet. And if/when you get a second one, I would keep them separate (quarantine) until you know both are healthy and parasite-free. Good luck, and post pics! :D

Crestedgecko's4lyf

Be careful, I've heard that people sell sick animals on craigslist, so you may want to get your new little one to the vet. And if/when you get a second one, I would keep them separate (quarantine) until you know both are healthy and parasite-free. Good luck, and post pics! :D
Yup i will look out for anything thank you for looking out :)

Jetfire

I've done plenty of business on Craigslist, both buying and selling, and it's just a matter of inspecting what you're buying before money changes hands. If the reptile is seriously sick, it's usually pretty obvious (as far as respiratory infections, malnutrition,mbd, etc).
That being said, just because it looks healthy, quarantine is a must anyway. Give it 4-6 weeks in a quarantine cage (preferably in a room separate from the rest of your collection, just in case it is sick...you don't want it to spread). if you have access to a good herp vet,I would suggest a quick checkup, with fecal exams to ensure that there's no parasite load internally (not usually an issue with cresteds, as they're almost entirely cb at this point)

Jetfire

And don't worry about being able to find an adult male at the show you're going to- if there's one thing that you can always find at a show, it's male crested geckos.

Crestedgecko's4lyf

Ok so here she is her name is strawberry because she is sort of pink underneath and she is sort of light in color also her cage is in one of these pic's.

Visit our friends