New Crestise, morph question again

S

seraphim21

We just bought two adult females and I want to ask you guys about the morph of one of them . . . The second one, there is no doubt, is a Dalmatian, but the first? :main_huh:

Last edited by a moderator:
L

Lalo Lalo

I have'nt learned the morphs that good yet.. but is'nt it a harlequin?

Nice cresteds!

/Fredrik

S

seraphim21

Thank you very much, Jeanne :) I wasn't sure if she is a Flame, because of the little pattern on her sides.

Jeanne

Abbie's Human
seraphim21 said:
Thank you very much, Jeanne :) I wasn't sure if she is a Flame, because of the little pattern on her sides.

It is sometimes hard to tell a Flame from a Harlequin, Flames have patterning on their sides, it's what makes them Flames. Harlequins have patterning on the sides and legs/feet. I see yours has some patterning on the legs, but I think it would need more to be considered an actual Harley.

Either way, your 2 Cresteds are Gorgeous :)

S

seraphim21

Thank you for explaning that :) I know a little about leo morphs, but I'm totally new to crested morphs . . . I thougt, I read, that a Flame shouldn't have pattern on it's side, or was it a Fire . . . Or is that the same? :main_huh: So I got confused . . . Thank you again, Jeanne! :main_yes:

Jeanne

Abbie's Human
seraphim21 said:
I thougt, I read, that a Flame shouldn't have pattern on it's side, or was it a Fire . . . Or is that the same? :main_huh:

Hmmm. I just looked on a couple sites, and it does say the Flame/Fire means the coloring between the Crests, and they don't have any or much coloring on the sides or limbs.

I will double check with my Rhacodactylus book tonight :)

S

seraphim21

Huuuhhhh, I'm just a newbie to cresteds and english isn't my native language, so maybe I got something wrong, I believe you don't have to check up something you know just because of me! :)

rhac

Well the perfect Fire (or Flame...it's the same) would have no pattern on the side and the perfect Harlequin would have more pattern. So you could call it a Fire or a Harley. I'd call it a Harley. And it has some partial Pinstriping going on as well.
Nice new additions by the way. I really like that Dalmation!

Regards, Johannes

L

Lalo Lalo

Maybe my baby, well he's not so much of a baby anymore but he is to me :), is a fire then. I'll ask with some pics in a new thread.

S

seraphim21

Thank you! :) Here is at least another pic of Pebbles, fired up this time (my boyfriend just changed their water ;) ):

Visit our friends