New Cresty owner who could use some constructive help please.

The Mighty Gex

I just got my first Cresty in, I've called him/her Gex :) I set this arboreal enclosure up for Gex using some of my Tarantula knowledge doing the same for my arboreal species. Admittedly, I felt a bit lost doing it, but I did my best.

Firstly the enclosure is a 12"X12"X24" all glass unit from Repti Zoo and I added some leftover driftwood sticks I had lying around, some suction cupped fake hanging plants, and 2 resin perches, one of which I placed under a plant for cover and to make a hide that Gex took to thankfully. I added some background material to the rear and side of the enclosure for extra security and to help with not startling Gex, and I placed a spare coconut hide on the bottom with a superworm holder on top of a rubberized mat I placed down there. Lastly I have a ceramic lamp that I'm adding a 5W UVB LED lamp to...but don't know if I'm going to use it, I'll see. How'd I do? Any suggestions?

PXL_20230808_161212249.jpg

PXL_20230808_161222971.jpg

PXL_20230808_161306637.jpg

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
Looks pretty good. I hope Gex has a great time in there! If you have no live plants, you don't really need the light. At some point, consider live plants. You could put a pothos plant in a pot and eventually it would fill out the enclosure a bit more and also help with the humidity. In that case you'll need the light.

Aliza

The Mighty Gex

Looks pretty good. I hope Gex has a great time in there! If you have no live plants, you don't really need the light. At some point, consider live plants. You could put a pothos plant in a pot and eventually it would fill out the enclosure a bit more and also help with the humidity. In that case you'll need the light.

Aliza
Thank you, I'll definitely consider putting a plant in there :)

Visit our friends