New enclosure w/ lighting question.

LauraMI

Finally completed the enclosure for our new Crimson Giants today w/ the final addition of wooden cross-bars. I have to say it came out really well considering the animals were a surprise and we had everything here in our house for them but the coir bedding! And I'm really happy I have three fewer plants to dust around and one less empty vivarium collecting dust & spiders.
The Schefflera will fill in quickly, having spent the last two winters in a basement; and the pothos will hopefully appreciate the humidity & decide to grow...which it hasn't since this summer. By spring, this ought to look much different! And just maybe, that orchid will choose to bloom!
Question on UV light: can I use a coil bulb? I know they're awful for chameleons & think they're frowned upon for Bearded Dragons.
Don't judge me for not having done this already, but I have 1 car, an infant, and an over-worked husband...and these geckos would still be in deli cups had we not been blessed with them. And too, they make diaper-changes a bit more enjoyable for me...as does a project that doesn't involve diapers...so I kinda' did rush into these guys.
gecko.jpg gecko_1.jpg gecko_2.jpg

LauraMI

Josh2

Administrator
Staff member
3 Year Member
That enclosure looks really good! As Aliza stated, be careful with the CFL bulb. Replace it when/if you can.

LauraMI

That enclosure looks really good! As Aliza stated, be careful with the CFL bulb. Replace it when/if you can.
Well fortunately or unfortunately, all I have is an old-fashioned light bulb that throws off heat. I liked the article I was linked to and will definitely get a proper reptile-bulb soon.

Visit our friends