New Enclosure!

Patrick1

Check out what I just scored on a trade. This is perfect for my 2 groups (Uroplatus Phantasticus and Ebenaui)! It's 2 cages combined...totaling 79" tall, 24" wide, and 13" deep. Each cage is about 34" tall. Both are lighted as well. I'm excited about picking it up and fixing it up! Perfect! 5L15N55Hd3I33Jb3Nec52de935ccd64681827.jpg 5E35X25J43Ef3Lb3Ncc52aa76231fbe9714d1.jpg

Josh2

Administrator
Staff member
3 Year Member
Whoa! Nice pickup! Can't wait to see what you do with it!

Patrick1

Thanks Amanda. I picked it up on a trade. I don't know where it originated from, but I'll see if I can find out. My guess is it was homemade. It's melamine with sliding glass doors.

Amanda1

3 Year Member
You don't have to go to a bunch of trouble, I was just curious. For some reason I've been having this urge to buy furniture and nice display cages to decorate a house/condo that I haven't bought yet, and I think that would look perfect in my imaginary living room, lol.

Jetfire

Very nice, should work great for holding in the humidity.are you going to put a seal between the sliding doors, or replace them with a single pane? I'm sure I don't have to explain the common cricket's mystical Houdini-like escape prowess to you.

Patrick1

Thanks Jetfire. I'm not sure yet. I haven't picked it up yet...it will be this weekend. I'm going to inspect it and will probably need to do an overhaul on it. I know I need to rewire the lighting and change the fixtures to accommodate my fluorescent 26 watt bulbs. I'm going to check the space between the panes of glass as well as the seals all the way around. Think I'm going to pick up some thin dowels at Home Depot to stand vertically from floor to ceiling, and plant some pothos to climb up it, and maybe another type of plant. I think I'm going to change the flooring from what I have now as well. I think I'm going to get rid of the leaf litter and stick with the Eco-Earth alone, as it will be easier to see fertile eggs I believe. I've been told by an experienced Satanic breeder that they always lay fertile eggs at the bottom and roll them around in the dirt. This cage is coming with a fogger as well, so I think I'm going to try to find some kind of splitter and split the hose for both enclosures...get a timer to run it all, and that should do it.

Jetfire

I actually missed the first 2 clutches that my phantasticus had laid, just for that reason.if you use a substrate with fairly fine particles,I it'll stock right to the fresh egg.I switched over to just straight coconut coir, and the eggs were Alot easier to find. I never did have a good hatch rate on them, maybe 1 out of 3 would hatch.still better than nothing,I suppose

Patrick1

I have a feeling there's going to be a lot of trial and error with these guys, but I'm up for a challenge. Almost sounds like a relationship with a woman. Haha j/k everyone.

Visit our friends