New Gecko Mommy to the group!

C

CritterCrue

Hi, my name is Leslie and I live in Virginia Beach, VA with my husband of 20 years and my two sons (16 and 12). I am also "Mommy" to a Flat Coat Retriever (12) and a Golden Retriever (5) and of course my reptile babies
Opal a year old blazing blizzard and Digger a 3 month old normal.

We are "new" to reptiles, having just gotten Opal last May, but we have fallen in love with these amazing herps! Ours have wild personalities and just are a joy to watch.

Opal has a 29 gallon with plenty of hides and a hammock for when shes being lazy ;) , Digger is in a 10 gallon (for now) and soon will be moving up to a 20 gallon that we are going to get within the next week and get it ready for his move in. Who knows what will happen to the 10 gallon :D (maybe another baby to house soon). Thank Goodness my husband loves them too haha! :main_thumbsup:

Anyhoo here are pics of my babies in the reptile form:
Here is our baby Digger
new_baby_011.jpg

new_baby_08.jpg

Here is my darling Opal
PICT9906copy.jpg

PICT8664copy.jpg

Ok I hope I don't get in trouble for posting pics on my first day here lol
I look forward to being a member here!
Leslie

T

The Sunset Gang

Welcome to GeckoForums! You have two very nice geckos.

C

CritterCrue

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome!! I love naming my animals more unusual names. And even though the gemstone opal comes in so many different colors, that was my first thought as soon as I seen her. Heck, I fell in love with her at first sight, and bought her before I had anything. The store owner kept her for me until I could get her tank setup correctly and properly heated. She is very unique and spoiled. She rarely eats mealies (once in a blue moon), kills but doesn't eat crickets, doesn't like phoenix or superworms but feasts on butterworms and silkworms lol. They are more expensive but anything for my baby ;)

The baby is just a joy. He "digs" around while he hunts the crickets and stuff hence his name. He is getting the pore lines on his underside so we are pretty sure its a "he". He is eating me outta the house with crickets and mealies though woohoo!

I am sure that you will see me poking around in here and pics will be put up often, I am a photographer lol so I pretty much always have a camera handy.

Thanks again for the welcomes! I feel so loved! :)

Visit our friends