New gecko problems

Monkeys563

Hi, I've had my little gecko since Saturday and he's not eating and suddenly he can't climb either. What's wrong with him? He's currently 9g and housed in a small exoterra terrarium. He's been pretty active until he stopped being able to climb. He is also offered food at will but never even touchs it.. what can I do?

Shrapnailed

Generally, whenever you get a new gecko they say to give it a few days to adjust and not eating is normal for the first few days.

But, If that dosent work, I saw on youtube someone had a similar problem and the nearly cut a meal worm in half. Just enough for some guts to stick out(I know it sounds gross) and held it up to the gecko with some tweezers. He tasted it and began eating again. Just an Idea.

Monkeys563

Ill try giving him a few more days but the little one is really worrying me not being able to stick to stuff anymore. I hope he's okay, I've never had much luck with the mealworm thing. I have a leopard gecko who needed hand fed and dripped liquid foods for 6 months never seemed to take to them. I guess he could need some time to settle some more...

Monkeys563

Hmm I dunno I don't wanna get him hooked on crickets or anything. He's already lost a gram. I have no idea what to do he looks so thin compared to the others I saw today. He maybe will lick a little rapashy off a spoon but not nearly enough. He has no interest in eating anything.... Leo's are easier because they will usually eat with tongs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Visit our friends