New here and to Crested Gecko

SpanischeRose

So I have took in this two Crested Geckos from somebody who couldn't look after this baby's properly. I got told the hatched in May. They are two young to sex. I'm not that familiar with Crested Geckos yet. I have 4 Beardies and now everything about them. So some pointers will be more then appreciate. They are housed in a plastic tub at the moment. They have been feed Repashy and now and then baby crickets the lady said. They are still small,so what is the best temperature this guys should be at. And the humidity level? I was reading that they have to be heavy misted at night and then slightly in the morning and that they also should have a dry period between. Is that right?
Here is that Picture of these little once.
a3b6ee3f7975124aa1b56aed274f2af3.jpg

Sent from my T08 using Tapatalk

Jetfire

Temps in the mid 70s are fine. Feed them 2-3 times a week, every 3 days or so works good (leave the food dish in for 2 days at a time). They like vertical space more than horizontal, make sure they've got plenty of climbing branches/hiding places (fake plants work great). Missing schedule your already on sounds ok.

Cresties are probably the easiest reptile to start with, they don't require specialized heating or lighting under most circumstances. They THRIVE with ambient air temps in the mid 70's. They can eat pretty much the same feeder insects as beardies (crickets and dubia, I don't know how well cresteds would process the hard shells on mealies/superworms).

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
Welcome to the forum. Mid 70's is ideal and temperatures over 80 are not great, however, my cresties do fine even when things get into the high 60's in the winter, and briefly during heat waves when they get into the 90's in the summer. Clearly, they won't do well at such high temps all the time, but a few days of higher or lower temps isn't the end of the world.

Aliza

SpanischeRose

Thank you guys for the reply. What I have noticed is that one has not of a wavy tail then the other. I was reading that up and it said that it comes from not enough calcium. Is there anything I can do from stopping it to proceed more.
The container they are in is 15.5 icch long by 12.5 inch wide and 5.5 inch high and the lady said they have been in there since there were born. Clearly it is not high enough and I'm going to buy and Exo Terra for them tomorrow.
Here are some more pictures. The first three are from this little guy and the other three from the other.
They also look like that they have a film on them. So either that is stuck shed or they are close to shed.
c915d4b53c42a1bba13f246efd1ce200.jpg
db5560decccd7b75ad6cd8d85018ed1c.jpg
5ca49e021213cf0d2092463619666a1f.jpg
73c66bb6723db2d7bbaaf0d2626aac0c.jpg
5086334e5029e14f78d55900006cd0d0.jpg
ff7fc1f52cb4948c3035413a6a6a7e57.jpg

Sent from my T08 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Visit our friends