New Here, Hello!

MCSEB

Hi guys,

My name is Seb. I decided to join the forums to learn a little more about geckos. I do own a reptile. I have a chameleon. I'm looking into getting myself a leopard gecko right now. There's a reptile convention going on this weekend called Repticon. My friend and I are going to attend it and I'm thinking about getting myself a gecko on the spot. Is there anything I should really know about them? Could someone please direct me to a good care sheet so I can read about it and get my things prepared.
I have a cousin who owns about 15-20 leopard geckos. I do know a few things about them and I think they're really cool. I want a new reptile and geckos are my second option. Thanks for your time!

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
welcome to GF. There are many caresheets. You're welcome to read mine which is on my website: Geckcessories You can also google "leopard gecko care" and read other caresheets. Mostly, the things that repeat are probably the right things to do and you will also see some variation in care. The most important thing is to have the set-up ready before the show so you can bring the gecko home and put it directly into it's new environment. If you can't do that, plan to get a complete set-up at the show and put it together as soon as you get back.

Aliza

MCSEB

welcome to GF. There are many caresheets. You're welcome to read mine which is on my website: Geckcessories You can also google "leopard gecko care" and read other caresheets. Mostly, the things that repeat are probably the right things to do and you will also see some variation in care. The most important thing is to have the set-up ready before the show so you can bring the gecko home and put it directly into it's new environment. If you can't do that, plan to get a complete set-up at the show and put it together as soon as you get back.

Aliza

Hello!
Thank you so much. I'll definitely check it out. Don't worry, I'm planning on having my geckos home ready before I get him. What I meant getting him on the spot, was just buying the gecko. I do have some dubia roaches and crickets that are my chameleons that I can feed him so I'm good with food.

Visit our friends