New here! Some questions and some pictures

Geckodelic

Hi

I'm new to this site and new to AFT's. We recently picked up 4 African Fat Tailed Gecko's. We got 2 female 100% het patternless females and a pair of AMEL's.

These geckos are beautiful! I have some general questions that I hope you guys won't mind answering.

1. I take it that these 2 geckos I picked up are "regular" Amel AFT's. What is the difference between the geckos with yellow, peach, and orange coloration? Are they different bloodlines, or do they come out of the eggs randomly with the different shades?

2. I know there is no "true" albino AFT as of yet. So when people call their gecko a "Tangerine Albino", is that just a more intense colored AMEL? Is the tangerine coloration just a really nice colored gecko that hatched out with more intense coloration than the rest of the clutch? Just a really nice and vibrant AMEL? Can you get a Tangerine colored Amel randomly from an AMEL pairing (like mine below), or is it specifically from a certain bloodline? I'm a bit confused on the different color shades of AMEL's, especially the Tangerines.

3. From my research, AMEL to any other morph (except white socks) is a lethal combo. So how come I see websites selling tangerine het patternless geckos?

4. Will my AMEL pair hatch good eggs? Can you breed an AMEL to an AMEL, or is it a lethal combo as well?

5. How do the genetics on the stripes work? Do the stripes pop up randomly or is it planned genetics? Is a super stripe made by breeding 2 geckos with regular stripes? Or is it just a really nice and wide stripe?

Thanks for the help and I am excited to become and active part of this community.

Female

DSC_0369.jpg

DSC_0375.jpg

DSC_0377.jpg

Male

DSC_0378.jpg

DSC_0380-1.jpg

DSC_0382-1.jpg

Thanks,

Mike

http://www.geckodelic.com

LZRDGRL

Hi Mike,

Welcome on the forums! You have a great website :main_thumbsup: I love your whitish crestie, Kick :main_yes:

Here is a link that might help about lethal combinations.

Chrissy

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
Welcome to GF. I think the link you got explains a lot. One thing to be aware of is that sometimes (maybe even "usually") these gorgeous orange and gray/brown banded amels fade to dirty gray after they breed. I'm not sure if the females keep their color if they don't breed. Anyone know?

Aliza

gixxer3420

Ive got 23 adult amel breeders and none of them turned grey. One of them the orange turned to a peach and the rest of them stayed their amel colors. Ive seen what you are talking about though.

Visit our friends