New here

L

lukus

Hi everyone, I'm thinking of getting an AFT, but I need to know if I have to feed crickets ar can I feed mealworms like I do mt leopard. Thank's in advance.

S

sportbike_rob

lukus said:
Hi everyone, I'm thinking of getting an AFT, but I need to know if I have to feed crickets ar can I feed mealworms like I do mt leopard. Thank's in advance.

everybody says that it takes a fight to get AFT's to eat mealies, but i would say mine actually prefers them.....it really depends on the gecko itself, one may like them, however another may not.

Stitch

Like Sportbike said, each gecko will be different when it comes to fodd prefference. But I also want to mention that feeding one type of prey item is not going to be very nutritional for the gecko. You want a variety in their diet crix, meal worms, super worms, wax worms, roaches..ect. Crix are naturally high in phosphorus and that makes calcium absorbtion more difficult if the calcium to phosphorus ratio isn't equal. So feeding crix exclusively isn't the best choice. I know it may be hard but you should try to find an other food item to mix up his diet.

Remember "you are what you eat", the same goes for geckos as well.

GeckoGuru

All of my african fat-tails won't eat anything but crickets. I have fed them only crickets since they were hatchlings, and they are all in perfect health. Just be sure to give the correct supplements(crickets DO have a lot of phosphorus).

Visit our friends