New member, longtime lizard fan

krissyleigh

Howdy from Texas, y'all! At present I only have one gecko, Rex the crested I have had for a year. Next weekend I'm planning on adding a leopard gecko to the family when the reptile show comes to town. And I have a bearded dragon who is my best bud! It's kind of hard to see in the picture, but I made him a little scarf backpack that he rides around in, just calmly taking in the scenery. :)

In addition to the crestie and beardie my family consists of: 2 redfooted tortoises, a western hognose snake, 2 rats, a southern painted turtle, and 2 dogs. And hopefully soon a leopard gecko and more redfoots!!! 20170318_203647.jpg FB_IMG_1488863151526.jpg FB_IMG_1488863093164.jpg received_10154825850995935.jpeg 20170311_105818.jpg

Yvonne G

Administrator
Staff member
Hi,and welcome!

Wow! I had no idea they were that big. (I'm not a lizard person. 'They' just brought me over here to keep the spammers out) Looking at the last picture, it looks like his feet are on the wrong legs. Looks like that right foot should be a left foot. Interesting-looking little animal. When you carry him around in the back pack is he happy to stay there? Or does he try to escape.

krissyleigh

He is still growing, hahaha!!! He loves the backpack - eventually he will get restless and he crawls out onto my shoulder. Sometimes it's 15 minutes, sometimes an hour. Depends on his mood.

I absolutely love beardies, but in my opinion they are MUCH more high maintenance than torts (I know you from the tort forum). They really need one on one human interaction daily - their bites are very painful so to have an unsocialized one is risky. He has only bit me once, on accident, and once was enough! Then there is ordering live insects, or starting your own colony (I'm breeding roaches for him), yada yada yada. Probably a good thing they are so much work, otherwise my house would be full of bearded dragons hahahaha!

Yvonne G

Administrator
Staff member
My grandson had a pair of them several years ago, and he was able to get a couple clutches from them before he lost interest and sold them all. Now he has snakes and a huge black lizard thing that comes from South America.

krissyleigh

My grandson had a pair of them several years ago, and he was able to get a couple clutches from them before he lost interest and sold them all. Now he has snakes and a huge black lizard thing that comes from South America.

Oooh, an Argentine tegu???? I want one SO BAD but my partner says he'll move out if I get one... and I already pushed his limits by bringing home a snake and pet rat, so I figured I shouldn't risk 'blacklisted' animals a third time.

Not until he gets comfortable with the snake and rats anyway. Hehehehe.

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
Welcome! Nice reptiles (crestie, beardie and tegu --yes I know the tegu isn't yours). My regular gecko+beardie+frog population is around 40-50 and jumps into the 90's in the middle of baby season.

Aliza

Visit our friends