Z

Zoo Lady

Hello I am new to the gecko forum. I own and show boston terriers, and am on a forum for them but never thought to look for a forum for them. I also own a 5 year old cockatiel that I handraised from 5 weeks old. a 5 year old rosy bourke's parakeet and a 2 year old english budgie. As well as about 19 fancy pet mice.

I graduated the animal management program at my local college last year with honors and worked at the local zoo for a few months before I decided to stay home with my children. With a military husband who is always being deployed I decided they needed at least one parent around at all times.

Anyway last year I had a friend who was working at Petco and told me about 2 leo's there who had dropped their tails completely .. well I am a sucker.. I didn't have any experience with reptiles other then the ones I caught in herpetology class, and the ones at the zoo.

They were housed together and at first were the same size.. within a week one was noticable larger then the other and I wasn't aware that leos that weren't relatively the same size needed to be seperated.. the smaller one was severely injured and even though the injuries had started to heal it never was as strong as it used to be and I lost it.

Now almost a year later I still have Vada who is a female (unsure of color will post pics in the pic section soon).. she has grown back the majority of her tail.. however she is no where near the size I think she should be for her age. And due to my ineptness she lost a few toe tips in her first few sheds with me.. other than that she is perfect! Thanks for letting me be a part of this forum.

Visit our friends