New mutation - Dial up warning

Saz

Hey guys,

My name is Sarah, I have been breeding Aussie geckos for the last five years and live in Brisbane, Australia.

This little weirdo hatched out at the beginning of the year from my coloured occidentalis line. He is the result of a mother to son pairing, so I'm assuming at this stage that the trait is recessive.

He is totally devoid of any white on him, including on his tubercles, legs and underside. I have been trying to find out if these exist anywhere in the world, or if he is a first.

If anyone has bred a transluscent Nephrurus or knows of one, would love hear from you.

Here's some photos showing his development (he is now six months old) and pics of parents.

Grandparents - this was the mating that produced the father (Great grandparents were legall wild caught from Western Australia)
skittles2-1.jpg

Parents - this was the mating that produced these hatchlings - mother to son mating
DSC_0331-2.jpg

DSC_0328-3.jpg

Hatchlings - one normal, one devoid of white
DSC_0368-4.jpg

DSC_0369-2.jpg

Older
DSC_0097-2.jpg

DSC_0100-4.jpg

Normal clutchmate
DSC_0370.jpg

DSC_0373-1.jpg

DSC_0393.jpg

Mutation
DSC_0366.jpg

DSC_0368.jpg

Underside
DSC_0396.jpg

DSC_0398.jpg

Most recent
DSC_0098.jpg

DSC_0099-3.jpg

gixxer3420

Sweet looking!! Congrats!! It almost looks like a patternless!! Oh by the way I'm extremely jealous that you live in Australia. I can't wait to visit your country!

Saz

Thanks :) He's not actually patternless perse, it just happens that this particular line don't have the common markings that most do.

I've termed it transluscent, as that's what its termed in bearded dragons apparently, and he is...well...see-through LOL!

Saz

Thought I'd add some updated photos of the little transluscent. Will be mating him back to his mother and sister in a few months time.

No flash - sorry they are blurry
DSC_0009-1.jpg

DSC_0011-1.jpg

DSC_0008-3.jpg

DSC_0027-3.jpg

Flash
DSC_0017-2.jpg

DSC_0022-3.jpg

DSC_0040-2.jpg

gothra

Happy Gecko Family
Oh wow, is he still translucent as he gets older now? Very interesting!

BrilliantEraser

Bookworm!
This is SO COOL. Is his underside still transparent looking? It'll be really neat to see how the genetics work out for this particular mutation. On a related note, Knob Tails have the cutest little faces as babies/juveniles. Do they keep the same wide-eyed expression as adults? If so, I might need to get me one. :)

PS: Also jealous of your country. You guys have the coolest animals ever. Period.

Saz

Thought I'd add an update, I've just gotten eggs from his sister, and his mother is now gravid so crossing fingers I might see another little mutant in the incubator this season.

DSC_0090-2.jpg

DSC_0091-1.jpg

DSC_0097-2.jpg

DSC_0100-1.jpg

Visit our friends