New Setup (Pic Heavy)

Wbrown5496

Hey everyone thought I should start new thread. After everyone's input I made some changes to the set up. I hope he feels more at home in it. He is now pooping and eating. I might go vert soon but my current shelves won't allow it. Thanks again. -Will

IMG_8215.jpg

IMG_8216.jpg

IMG_8220.jpg

IMG_8221.jpg

IMG_8219.jpg

IMG_8211.jpg

Dog Shrink

Lost in the Lizard World
You actually could go tall now, Just put the 20 long on end vertically, get a screen lid that hinged in the middle like this:

FW80513_50.jpg

http://shopzlot.biz/products/Air-Screen-Cover-With-Center-Hinge-36x18
Get about 6 or 8 cage clips (6 on the bottom 2 on the top half) to hold it well in place and voila... vertical habitat :) It would work great as long as you don't need to use overhead lighting and even at that there's ways of making it work.

Last edited:

tlbowling

Geck~OCD
What a beautiful set up! Gorgeous! You have great decorating skills, but I was thinking taller would be better too;) But Id just wait until you were ready to clean the enclosure at this point, wouldn't want to mess up all that hard work! I love it!

Wbrown5496

Okay so I decided I want whats best for my gecko vs. what fits on shelve. :) Here it is in all its vertical glory. Thanks for all the help. -Will

Screen On:
IMG_8224.jpg

Screen Off:
IMG_8225.jpg

Close Up (Top):
IMG_8228.jpg

Close Up (Bottom):
IMG_8229.jpg

Gecko:
IMG_8227.jpg

tlbowling

Geck~OCD
You really have a knack for decorating, but now I think it needs a back drop :) You dont even have to take anything out, it'd be easy just to tape a backdrop to the back glass of the tank from behind:) Just a suggestion, but even if you dont, it still looks great:) I cant wait to re-do my set up with live plants. Your garg actually looks like mine :)

Wbrown5496

Thanks everyone. Let me just give you a run down really quick. The tank and lid were $30 on sale at petco a few weeks ago. I bought a bunch of them. The 2 clusters of green plants w/ suction cups were $2.99/each @ local herp store. The wood is Cholla. I found it at craft store for $2.99/each. The rest of the plastics came from michaels. (This week they are on sale 40% off). $7.99 for vine (not all used), rippled plant $1.99, and orange flowerish things $1.99 and $3.99. The entire thing comes in around $58. I had an extra heat pad lying around and plastic petri dishes are for food and water. Makeshift hide on bottom is actually an extra floating turtle dock I had propped up with cork. I attached picture of how wood is hung. I used broken coat hangers (plastic) and hot glued them to side. Sorry for bad quality but didn't want to mess with him tonight.

IMG_8233.jpg

tlbowling

Geck~OCD
OMG! My mind just went in the gutter. Sorry! :eek:

But, yeah, that is any interesting question.

You men are all alike! I'm not even going to tell you what my husband thought when I told him we were having pork tonight ;)

Visit our friends