New Suggestions for 2019!

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
I think I've already sent you my suggestions via email. As you can see, I'm on here just about every night.

Aliza

indyana

Yay, the "Like" button is back! Now with reactions, haha.

That was my fav feature that randomly disappeared a while back... I already replied via message, but I think anything we can do to make it easier to share pics and other media would be great. I'll have to experiment with attachments again now that the platform's been updated. It used to be a pain to work with...

indyana

Another thought I had while browsing was to get the "Gecko Forums" section up toward the top. Maybe only a single welcome/intro forum or pinned banner of some sort. People are constantly posting in the wrong forums, and I think it's because new people just go for the first vaguely-related name they see instead of scrolling down the entire page to find the species-specfic forum.

Here is my thoughts. I am truly back to help so I will try to be here daily. Just matters if an expo is going on and what not.

1) Look at the google ad words advertisement. They rarely have anything to do with geckos and they are an eye sore. If you can have them on for non registered users it maybe better. I am not sure what it actually bring in for money but I feel banners for breeders and sponsors would mean more for the hobby and bring more money in. I understand if they have to stay though.

2) Lets get a pic of the month contest going. At first it will be slow. But then feature the picture some how on the site and give that breeder/owner credit and send traffic to their facebook or site.

3) Lets go through all the info on the pages and be sure it is up to date.

4) To get more people posting lets talk to some breeders and companies about giving them advertisement if they donate supplies and do give aways. I do not like giving animals away that is why i say supplies or even feeders.

I will post more when I think out the ideas better.

Time to get it back. Lets roll

alphakenc

Lets get some banners for other social media like Facebook...etc...
Gecko banners posting like Google...Amazon....Uber...etc...

alphakenc

And also I see lots ad on the forum...not sure why they place human ad in the gecko forum...see the attachment
Screenshot_2019-05-28-20-24-52.png

KensonPlays

What about a Discord server for the forum, or partnering with another? (My friend runs one for all animals, not just geckos, that has about 50 peeps atm)

Visit our friends