New Thermometer and Humidity Gauge Needed?

Jeff876533

Jeffrayy
Hey here are the links of my current Thermometer and Humidity gauge:

Humidity Gauge: http://www.petco.com/Shop/petco_Product_R_6240_Nav_1_N_0_Ntt_humidity%20gaug e3_sku_690503_familyID_9424.aspx

Thermometer: http://www.petco.com/Shop/petco_Product_R_3869_Nav_1_N_0_Ntt_thermometer_sku _580791_familyID_6452.aspx

Ive heard from numerous sources that the dial Humidity Gauges and the stick-on thermometers are inaccurate. Is this true? If so, will someone recommend me a thermometer and humidity gauge thats not over $20

thanks,
jeff

W

Welsh

Try the Tom Thermometer and Hydrometer from mgreptiles.com. It measures both Humidity and Temperature and is $21.99 + Shipping & Handling charges.
  • Displays Temperature and Humidity Simultaneously.
  • Fahrenheit Temperature Reading
  • Max/Min Memory for Temp. and Humidity
  • Batteries included
  • Varity of Mounting Options
  • Dimensions: L 2 1/4"- H 2 1/3"

There is also this temp gun is $25.00. Its a bit over $20.00 buts its worth it.

You could also use this ESU Digital Thermometer w/probe if you wanted a cheap digital temperature gauge.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jeff876533

Jeffrayy
kool thanks do you know if the tom is accurate (id think so if its around $20 but just checkin)

thanks for the response

jeff

W

Welsh

I couldn't tell you whether or not it is accurate, because i've never used it. I haven't used the Temp Gun or the Digital Thermometer either.

Im getting the temp gun, only because I am getting a heat pad for under the tank, and a light dimmer to set the heat. This will not be permanatly in the habitat.

In your case this seems like the correct product, with the correct price value. Good luck, and I sure hope it works out.

Jeff876533

Jeffrayy
wait with the temp gun do you place it on the bottom or do you press a button and it like shoots a beam??

W

Welsh

I've replied to your question via. PM when you asked me. You simply point at the area you want to check the temperature at.

Visit our friends