New to the Herp world.

Jm1129

Hi my name is Jimmy Magee and I have always loved caring for all sorts of animals especially reptiles. I am now looking into breeding leopard gecko and hopefully making it a fun hobby for myself. I am doing it for the fun of the hobby more than the business, although I do plan on selling some of the geckos once they are big enough. I was just hoping to join this forum to learn a bit more of how to start up my new project, so if anyone has any advise please let me know.

Thanks,
Jimmy Magee

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
Hi and welcome to GF. I'm not sure if you're asking for advice about how to breed or about how to set things up for selling. If you need to know how to breed, start by googling "leopard gecko breeding" and reading caresheets. Many of the leopard gecko books, such as the Leopard Gecko Manual have sections on breeding. You can also read through the breeding forum and copy/paste information that seems useful into your own document (that's what I did when I was getting started).
If you're more concerned about how to organize the breeding and selling, I would recommend these 2 articles that I wrote for Gecko Time:

Guide to Breeding Leopard Geckos on a Small Scale | Gecko Time

How to Sell Your Geckos | Gecko Time

Aliza

Jm1129

Thank you for the help, I was asking more about just breeding for now but the articles helped me think about the possible future of selling.

Visit our friends