New to this help

luciejclarke

My neighbours moved out and left a mourning gecko in a tub that you get the locust in with sand in there. I did loads of research on the little fella and seems that it should be kept moist so we bought a exo terra terrarium for it I have just ordered some repashy as I found out last night they don't live on locust he has some organic bananas for babies and seems to like that. I have it in there with live moss as the substrate and some cork bark and a little water bowl. It's tail has grown back now as when we found it it had no tail and was a bit bloody around where it should have been. Is there anything I should change in its house like substrate and the cork also I was thinking about getting it a friend once I understand how he should be housed Any advice would be great as I've only had it about two months now. Also I know they are parthenogenetic but I don't think it's laid eggs I've had a good look around just to make sure he is kept ad 70 degrees Fahrenheit.

THEHERPHUNTER

They look like a cross between CRESTIES and a MADAGASCAN DAY GECKO. I read they feed on nectar and insects so honey should be a nice treat repashy should work but you have the fruit version so extra supplementation is required so best to get the meal replacement version hope this helps also buy some jelly pots

Butiki

The Pacific Islander
Perhaps replace the sand out with coco fiber or some other media that can hold moisture but keep it moist just enough.

You can swab the bloody stub with a diluted betadine solution or neosporin to keep it from getting infected.

Congrats and all the best! :)

Visit our friends