New Uroplatus henkeli male

T-ReXx

Uroplatus Fanatic
This guy got here yesterday. Didn't take too many pics cuz I didn't want to stress him too much, he's a bit thin but nothing a deworming and some heavy feeding and misting won't fix. This is unfired during the day, his pattern really pops at night. He's young, small for a henk. Now to find him a girlfriend. :p If anyone knows a guy who knows a guy who has a female henkeli, let me know. :main_laugh:

henk1.jpg

henk2.jpg

fuzzylogix

Carpe Diem
very cool, i was watching your wanted ad on this to see if you would get any replies. congrats and good luck on finding a female. i think what you are doing for this species is highly commendable

T-ReXx

Uroplatus Fanatic
very cool, i was watching your wanted ad on this to see if you would get any replies. congrats and good luck on finding a female. i think what you are doing for this species is highly commendable

Thanks Rob. U. henkeli is the easiest species of Uroplatus to breed but it seems to be the most difficult to find, captive bred or imported. I have a few contacts that I'm fishing with for CBs, but finding sexable animals is proving fairly difficult. Hopefully I can pair this guy up and help make them a little easier to find. :main_thumbsup:

Very nice! I know Jason has a lone henkeli, but I don't remember the sex.

Yeah I emailed him, haven't heard anything yet. Keeping my fingers crossed. :D

gixxer3420

Nice looking gecko! I hope you find a female for him. I'll keepmy eye out at the lancaster show this saturday for you. The last hamburg show I did see male and females so maybe you can pick one up there.

T-ReXx

Uroplatus Fanatic
Nice looking gecko! I hope you find a female for him. I'll keepmy eye out at the lancaster show this saturday for you. The last hamburg show I did see male and females so maybe you can pick one up there.

Yeah I thought Hamburg might be a good idea, lots of "oddballs" there usually. There should be one more big influx of imported Uroplatus before the end of the year, hopefully some wcs will show up then if I can't find a cb by then.

T-ReXx

Uroplatus Fanatic
If the one he has now is a male I'm sure he will be able to hook you up in November... :D

Sure hope so. I'm willing to wait a bit (it took me about a year before I managed to snag this guy). I'd love to get a pied, but those are like henkeli gold :main_laugh:

Shadraak

hey T haven't talked to anyone on here much in a while been goin thru a lot of crap here , glad to see you got your henk :D i'm still lookin for a female hog, hoping next week will be good for me, but the last people who brought hoggies still have no female hets so dunno how much luck i'll have :(.

Visit our friends