Newb from Kansas

R

redmonkeystarr

Hi!

Two days ago, I finally gotten me a couple of leopard gecko babies. I haven't named them yet... don't know yet whether they are boy or girl. They are maybe 3 or 3 1/2 inches long...I don't have pics yet.. need to charge up my camera.. but i can say that one of them is some kind of albino cause it is lacking black bands etc.. just some black spots... it got unusual pattern on his back, two stripes in s shape across his back.. he is mostly flesh color with yellow marking with some spottings... also his legs are light yellowish orange... white collar on the base or back of his head and white banding around his tail. And the other one looks just like gecko in Moosassah's avatar

more soon

Redmonkeystarr

R

redmonkeystarr

thank you for the welcome

thanks! The baby leos is eating pretty well so far... mealies dusted with rep-cal.. i have decided to name one of them Graffiti on the account of that unusual double s shape on his back .. course it might disappear as he get older??

I really need to find my camera charger, Can't find it anywhere yet.. but as soon as i find it, i will take pic of them.. and my bearded dragon.. haven't taken pic of him yet.. i just gotten him during the last week of this past december...

the other leo gecko.... I haven't decided on her name yet.. but I was looking at various pics online and find that she looks like them normal lavender color...

I was going to wait on getting leopard gecko when I have exo-terra terrarium .. the one with double doors.. i was planning on getting 18 by 18 and fix it so they can use the upper level (if possible) but when i heard that the local petshop that i go to was going to get more babies, i snatch them the next day... I wanted to get them before the petshop owner's employee mess up with their care... the employee believes in cutting the mealies and superworm heads off first before feeding to the reptiles or otherwise they will eat their way out.. which is hogwash.. so they feed the babies with little bitty crickets...and the older leopard gecko female at the shop have regenerated tail.. AFT pairs at the petshop have regenerated tails too.. but of course they could've obtain them like that cause they take in reptiles and birds that people no longer wants

besides i am glad i didn't wait cause i really like them and can't wait til they are old enough to be able to tell which is male or female... i have been tryin real hard to refrain myself from handling the babies much cause i just gotten them this past friday... i need to give them some time to adjust.. already one of them crawled on my finger when i was dropping mealies in their tank

Redmonkeystarr

Visit our friends