Newbie Help?

P

pestilence

Good morning everyone. this would be my second time posting and i have tried the "search" function but i cant seem to find what i'm looking for so i'm just gonna ask if its not much trouble.

Since I acquired my first 2 geckos 2 days ago I haven't seen them eat or get out of their Moist hide. is this okay? does this mean they're sick? I have the basic needs they need. Water Dish, Mealworms, A half pot Dry Hide and a Moist hide made from Delicups. what i DO NOT have as of now is the Calcium but i'm getting some this friday.... oh but they do poop at night or in early morning? when i get up and check on em i see poop outside the moist hide.

any help would be greatly appreciated. thank you.

EDIT: oh by the way I'm planning to get a jungle Designer Male tom. is this a good morph?

Dan

Last edited by a moderator:

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
Things sound pretty good. They can take up to 2 weeks or more sometimes before they're ready to eat.

Aliza

I

imb27

i agree. Maybe get about 10 hoppers and see if there interested. My baby ate 4 hoppers on the second day and has been good ever since.

Mel&Keith

Mod Squad Member
Like Aliza said, it can take a wile for geckos to settle in and start eating normally especially depending on the age of the geckos. I wouldn't worry too much yet.

P

pestilence

Ok Thanks very much Guys... and Girls.

What about them Jungle Designer? are they an okay morph?

Visit our friends