Newts!

Ruby

Just got 2 Chinese fire-belly newts from my reptile shop. I think they're juveniles because they're really small. I'll upload pictures of them/their setup in the next few weeks. They just had their first meal of bloodworms since moving in. :) Their names are Fred and George, LOL.

Ruby

20 gallon long with a light(for the live java fern at the front) and a little waterfall filter. The fat newt is Fred, the smaller one is George.

Caleb C

How cool!
I've always wanted to make something like that, but I don't like having large amount of water in a tank, especially if the inhabitants poop a lot. I also hate filters, im too lazy to change it out and everything.
You should get more live plants, it makes it much cooler, haha.

Ruby

I plan on adding lots of live plants, like maybe some sword plants, or some floating plants that I can pick up in pond season. :)

Amanda1

3 Year Member
Very nice! I've also noticed it's not a good season for finding live plants (for my terrariums). Can't wait till spring!

Ruby

Thanks, I removed the gold fish bowl because I'm dedicating one side to live plants that I'm getting today. I also added a little Terracotta feeding dish at the bottom of the tank.

Ruby

I've had another Terracotta piece in there, so I don't think it is. I picked up a mini sword plant, and in pond season I'll add some floating plants. I'm not sure, but one of the newts may be pregnant!

Visit our friends