Night Light Bulbs Question

Do you use red heat bulbs at night? If so what wattage do you use?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Khenut

Okay, so above my two 18 x 18 x 24 terrariums (one for Crestie, one for Leo) I now have two light fixtures set to timers. One stays on in the day and it just provides white light, emitting practically no heat. At night the red night light fixture switches on. I have a 40 watt red heat bulb above the Crestie's tank, even though they don't really need additional heat since its 72 in my house. There's a 60 watt red heat bulb over my Leo now too...
It is only on for the duration of the night, but do you think this is too much warmth for them? My leopard gecko has lots of places to move and control his heat, including a heat pad, but I wasn't sure if perhaps the heat might be too much for my Crestie. As of yet they both seem active and fine, and I like being able to see them. Any suggestions are appreciated, however. :)
(Last selection in poll is supposed to be 60+! Sorry, my finger slipped and pressed enter and it posted lol)

LeoLover1

3 Year Member
I'd probably let their behavior tell you. Do they spend any time under the red bulbs, or do they avoid them completely. Its prolly something inbetween, but if its too hot, they'll be as far away from the heat, and still feel safe, as possible.

I'm sometimes amazed how hot the leos seem to like it, especially at night when the air temp cools down.

Khenut

Sounds good, thank you. :) I watch them practically all day so if there is any behavior signifying that they are bothered by the heat I will change it. They both seem just as happy as ever for the moment. ^u^

Caleb C

I only keep a bulb in during the day, it provides enough heat, along with the uth. At night, I leave the uth on, but I don't think it's necessary, they're just spoiled.

Josh2

Administrator
Staff member
3 Year Member
No votes in the poll yet? Does everyone skip the night light option?

Visit our friends