NOOOO-B getting started

danny662boy

so im planning on purchasing a leo from an upcomin reptile show in december... i wanna make the transition as smooth as possible, and just need a heads up on what i have or need to get whats a good idea???

i have a 10 gallon tank (just gonna get 1 leo) and
reptile carpet so far.

for my hides of was thinkin bout getting 2 medium half logs.. and then make another moist hide outta a plastic container???

and for a heat pad i was thinkin bout getting a Cobra Heat Mat?? (anyone use these???))

MrLeoGecko

The bird Is The Word
all heat mats are pretty much the same as long as u use a good reliable thermostat
what about bowls decoration thermometers ideally digital and calcium and yep the logs are fine

danny662boy

i have a bearded dragon, so i have the supplements.. and i have a temp gun , and a therm with a probe... i plan on takin a gatorade cap and putting the calcium in there and leaving that in the tank.... but the medium half logs are a good idea??

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
Medium half logs are fine depending on the size of the gecko. I have found that some geckos seem to prefer rounded hides and some prefer more rectangular hides, but most take what they get if not given a choice.

Aliza

Visit our friends